Location: St. Louis, MO
Application: Manufacturing Dome
80,000 sq. ft.
- 100% open-span workspace
- Translucent fabric provides natural lighting
- Vehicle airlock for equipment & trucks
- Arizon needed to construct an 80,000 sq. ft. facility that offers 100% column-free floor space, for manufacturing air-supported buildings.
- Arizon also wanted to attach the structure to a brick-and-mortar office building that has viewing windows into the dome space.
- Arizon constructed a dome to serve as its own manufacturing facility. The facility has unobstructed floor space, a vehicle airlock system to transport equipment and trucks in and out of the structure, a catenary anchorage design, and an office building attachment.
- The building also has a full cable-grid system to add stability during severe weather and a skylight system to take advantage of natural light during daytime hours.
- Arizon manufactures air supported buildings in its own air-supported dome, which also contains office and meeting spaces.
- The unobstructed floor space allows workers to spread fabric out or to work on multiple buildings at the same time.
- The full cable system adds premium structural support despite the dome’s tornado prone location.
- The skylight system and high efficiency HVAC equipment keeps operating costs low so that the company can invest its operating cost savings in quality equipment and personnel.