Location: Cheshire, CT
Application: Swimming Pool Frame Structure
Size: 233’ W Span x 148’ L x 53’ H (34,484 sq. ft.)
- Directly Connects to Conventional Building
- Energy Efficient MarCraft Air Handling System
- LED Lighting
- Enclose an outdoor swimming pool with a steel frame-supported structure.
- Needed to directly attach to a conventional building that houses changing rooms and other amenities.
- Arizon designed, manufactured and installed an open-span frame-supported structure that fits over the Town of Cheshire’s outdoor pool.
- At 235 feet wide, the structure is the largest of its kind to be constructed over a swimming pool.
- The facility features Arizon’s energy efficient Air-Rotation mechanical equipment to ventilate and heat the interior during the harsh Connecticut winter.
- Area residents now have an indoor aquatics facility for year-round competitive, recreational and leisure swimming.
- Energy efficient lighting and HVAC options were considered in the design to ensure that the community is not burdened with high utility costs.