Location: Potomac, MD
Application: Event/Expo Dome
Size: 150’ W x 300’ L (45,000 sq. ft.)
- High Energy Efficiency HVAC System
- 12’ x 12’ x 35’ Vehicular Airlock System
- Double Wall Construction for guest Comfort
- Construct an additional open-span event space next to Marriott-Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center.
- Space must be flexible enough to offer as a venue for expos, conferences, trade shows and other events.
- Arizon designed and installed a 45,000 sq. ft. open-span fabric building as a low first cost alternative to conventional construction.
- A 12’ x 12’ x 35’ vehicle airlock to move large exhibits in and out of the structure was included.
- Gray interior liner fabric serves as a neutral backdrop for events and a low bias cable system was included to maximize safety for guest and hosts.
- Gaylord on the Potomac hosted its annual Christmas on the Potomac ICE! exhibition in Arizon’s dome, which offered a number of exhibits and creative interior lighting displays.
- The high-grade insulation was able to keep the dome temperature low enough to support an ice sculpture exhibit, which features two million pounds of hand-carved ice sculptures from around the world.
- As one of the region’s most popular Christmas events, Christmas on the Potomac draws families from around the country, many of which ultimately stay at Gaylord’s hotel, which is within
walking distance from the expo dome.