Location: Bronxville, NY
Application: Tennis Dome
Size: 123’ W x 126’ L (15,498 sq. ft.)
- Custom-designed green exterior fabric
- High-tech center skylight system
- Seasonal dome for winter only
- T-5 Fluorescent lighting system
- Cover Siwanoy Country Club’s outdoor tennis courts with an energy -efficient and “green” enclosure.
- Construct a seasonal dome for the winter so that the private club can offer year-round tennis.
- Arizon designed an air supported building that fits over Siwanoy Country Club’s existing tennis courts that can easily be installed in the fall and dismantled in the spring so that outdoor tennis can be offered in summer.
- An energy-efficient mechanical system and overhead skylight were incorporated into the dome’s design to reduce operating costs.
- Green exterior fabric was used as requested by the club as an aesthetic preference to blend into the surroundings.
- Siwanoy Country Club is able to offer a year-round tennis program- a major draw for prospective members.
- The winter tennis program brings additional traffic to the clubhouse during off-peak months.