Location: Portland, OR
Application: Tennis Dome
Size: 118’ W x 223’ L (26,314 sq. ft.)
- Custom-designed gray exterior fabric
- High-tech center skylight system
- Seasonal dome for winter only
- Cover the Lewis & Clark College outdoor tennis courts with an energy efficient and “green” enclosure during the winter.
- Arizon designed an air-supported building to fit over the existing tennis courts at Lewis & Clark College during the winter months.
- A LEED-certifiable and energy-efficient mechanical system, overhead skylight and ample insulation were incorporated into the dome’s design to greatly reduce operating costs.
- Gray exterior fabric was used as requested by the college as an aesthetic preference.
- The dome features a cable system to offer extra stability, safety & support during possible inclement weather.
- Lewis & Clark is able to offer year-round training & practice capabilities- a major draw for prospective students.
- Typically the first stop on recruitment tours, the dome draws top talent from across the country.
- The Pioneers women’s team boasted several top ten recruiting classes after being installed.