Location: Edinboro, PA
Application: Multisport Dome
Size: 231’ W x 371’ L (85,701 sq. ft.)
- Low bias cable system add structural support
- Exterior banner with school logo
- Heated for use during winter season
- Build a cost-effective indoor sports facility for Edinboro University athletes that is energy efficient and designed to withstand heavy snowfall.
- Arizon designed, manufactured and installed a climate-controlled, air-supported building over the school’s track with an open-span court area in the center for basketball, volleyball and other sports.
- The building is highly energy efficient, as it uses an opaque panel design with R-12 insulation and a high-efficiency HVAC system to keep the dome heated during winter.
- A low bias cable system gives the dome extra support to handle high snow and heavy winter winds without damaging the exterior fabric.
- With approximately one third of the investment required to construct an indoor sports complex using “traditional” building materials, Edinboro University is able to provide state-of-the-art indoor facilities for volleyball, basketball, track and other sports for its student athletes.
- The dome’s high grade insulation and high efficiency HVAC system creates a comfortable interior space at a low cost to operate year-round.
- Built with safety in mind, students can enjoy the dome rain or shine- even during snow storms.