Location: Paducah, KY
Application: Event Pavilion/Expo Center
Size: 140’ W x 270’ L (37,800 sq. ft.)
- Translucent fabric facilitates natural daytime light
- Quick contract to installation turnaround time
- Low bias cable grid system
- Supply and install a large, cost-effective building in Paducah, KY.
- Needed for the American Quilt Society expo within a tight construction timeline.
- In just a few weeks, Arizon designed, manufactured and installed a 140’ wide by 270’ long climate controlled building with a 100% clear-span interior to accommodate vendors and spectators.
- A skylight system that runs the length of the building lets natural lighting in during the day, reducing operating costs significantly.
- A low bias cable design adds increased support to the dome to ensure the safety of the event’s guests.
- Otherwise unable to provide enough open-span indoor event space to house 30,000+ vendors and spectators, the quick and cost-effective construction of Arizon’s air dome enabled the City of Paducah to host the American Quilt Society’s annual expo.
- Without the availability of quick-to-construct, open-span dome technology provided by Arizon, the AQS annual expo may have had to host its event elsewhere.
- The expo, which draws quilters from around the world, spans four full exposition days and has a $20 million impact on the local economy in Paducah, KY.
- The dome was relocated to a new site a few blocks away in time for the 2016 expo.