Location: Kansas City, MO
Application: Sand Volleyball Dome
Size: 120’ W x 320’ L (38,400 sq. ft.)
- Seasonal Dome
- Translucent Fabric provides natural lighting
- Large, open-span space
- Arizon’s energy efficient mechanical system
- Provide a multi-functional, open-span, seasonal space to accommodate over 24 leagues & 700 teams of sand volleyball players so that players have an indoor facility to play sand volleyball through the winter.
- Arizon was also challenged to design a grade beam foundation that was compatible with the very sandy soil conditions at the site.
- Arizon designed, manufactured, and installed a seasonal, climate-controlled air supported building in Kansas City,
- The 38,400 sq. ft. dome fits over large sand volleyball courts.
- The structure includes an energy efficient mechanical system and translucent fabric to utilize natural lighting.
- Arizon was also able to come up with a spread footer design for the foundation, which is not common in air structures but was required in this case due to the soil conditions.
- The new Arizon air structure sits seasonally at the Volleyball Beach facility showcasing the aesthetically pleasing translucent dome.
- Players and teams can enjoy year-round lessons, clinics, camps and tournaments at a fraction of the first-cost and ongoing investment that a ‘conventionally constructed’ brick and mortar training facility might have cost.