The weather is warming up and domes are coming down. Are you storing your seasonal facility properly?
Here are 8 tips for correctly storing your seasonal dome to prolong its life:
- Dry the dome completely, especially between the inner and outer membrane.
- Storing the dome damp can cause mold, not something you want to see on your facility.
- Fold and roll the dome neatly.
- Folding and rolling the dome helps it fit onto the pallet and into the storage space.
- Map and mark how the sections were folded and rolled.
- By mapping and marking the sections you are able to get the dome re-installed properly and quickly.
- Store preferably in a dry, low humidity, environmentally controlled enclosure.
- High humidity can cause moisture, which can cause your dome to mold. The ideal place for storage would be in an environmentally controlled facility.
- Be aware of rodent issues.
- Rodents can get into your storage space, and damage your dome by chewing through the material and nesting in the sections.
- Cover the dome sections with the cover Arizon provided or shrink wrap.
- By covering the dome while in storage you ensure the dome stays dry if the storage space leaks and free of critters.
- Perform maintenance and check your air handling unit & backup generator
- When your dome is dismantled it’s much easier to check your mechanical equipment and perform any maintenance it may need before it goes back up.
- Schedule your install date for the Fall
- It’s never too early to schedule your install date with the Arizon team. Make sure you get on our schedule so your dome gets up and running for the fall/winter season.